Thursday, August 9

Asia Pacific Poker Tour

Manila will be hosting the first leg of the first ever "three-legged" tournament. Buy-in for the Main Event is a beggarly $2,500. For cheap lemons, Level 1 Satellites are being held at different locations around Metro Manila [Sidespin, Capone's, UCC, Can't-Remember-The-Rest] with a buy-in of Php1,400+100. Winners of Level 1 move on to -- yep, you guessed it -- Level 2, buy-in for which is Php12,500+. Those who advance from here get a seat to the Main Event -- like winning $2,500 = Php114,450.

For even cheaper lemons like myself, main sponsor PokerStars.com offers Freeroll tournaments everyday at 7pm. The top 10 of each tournament moves on to compete for the Main Event seat. Today I finished 63rd out of 210. I lasted an hour and a half and got knocked out playing pocket 10s against ladies. I lost to a fellow Pinoy residing in Korea -- who cares?? I digress.

No comments: